charliesmum: (Default)
[personal profile] charliesmum
To my friends on the other side of the pond:

I've been thinking about what to get my mother and father in-law for Christmas. Every year they say 'don't get us anything, we have enough,' so recently I've been donating money in their name, and have tried to pick charities that mean something to the family (Autism, Cancer, and so on).

Well, I had this idea that maybe I can donate to a British charity this year, as they are both Anglophiles as well. They've travelled to the UK at least once a year, but unfortunately my MIL's health makes it impossible for them go go this year.

What charity would you recommend I donate to? I was thinking maybe that "Children in Need" thing, but that seems strictly BBC-related.

Is this a totally lame idea?


on 2006-12-04 10:43 pm (UTC)
Posted by [identity profile]
I think that's adorable. Anyone can donate to Children in Need, they have an online link (and I just checked, looks like they'll accept overseas payments) and the proceeds go to lots of different places.

Another place you might want to look at is Great Ormond Street:

on 2006-12-04 11:01 pm (UTC)
Posted by [identity profile]
Sounds like a good idea, even though I'm on this side of the pond. I would suggest

Dyspraxia occurs with many who have autism and is almost unheard of in the states. I came across it on a Shadow Syndrome list and was amazed to find the name of the aspect of my dyslexia that has caused me the most difficulty. For the most part, the UK organization is the major resource for those in the states too.


charliesmum: (Default)

May 2017

 123 456

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 19th, 2017 09:43 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios